Tuesday 5 March 2013

Good day sunshine!

Let's get going again...


Jack frost covered the car and van in white crystals overnight but it is brightening up outside, here at Laughton Towers. Time to consider getting back out into the workshop and start tinkering with something. I have several projects on the boil at the moment, including several steam engines that need rebuilding, Some railway modelling that needs attention and a whole heap of electronic projects including a couple of flat-screen computer monitors that need a quick rummage around in the back to see if I can get them working again.

At the other end of the spectrum, I have a pile of what might be referred to as Vintage Hi-Fi (inherited from my Father) to play with. This is not that old, but it is good old solid Japanese separates at their best. Including a nice 10½ inch  reel-to-real Teac tape recorder. All outdated, in this digital world, but perfect for playing jazz from the 20s, 30s and 40s and before. Hmmm... Thinking about it, most of it must be 30 years old if not more - Blimey! Where did all that time go?

On a more down-to-earth note, I also have a pile of sweet and biscuit tins, left over from Christmas, that are going to get the chop in order to be used, in conjunction with olive oil, cotton wool and a few other bits, to have a bit of fun. I will show you later...

Now the temperature is on its way north of zero, I'll get out there later, evict the winter residents and have a bit of a tidy up. The workshop gets used as a dumping ground over the winter. so I need to go and stake my claim. I did get a morning of woodworking done last week, building a bespoke stand for our huge  Meccano loom. But that was built outside as the workshop is not functional at the moment. Time to change that, me thinks!

Ralph. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment